I woke up this morning feeling inspired and thought I’d whip up a face scrub to share with everyone. In my last post I discussed the great benefits of using oils to moisturize, but what about using oils in a face scrub. I went in my kitchen and pulled out my organic coconut oil and white sugar and bam…amazing face scrub.
Steps to Make
– Heat coconut oil in microwave for about 30 seconds until it becomes liquid
– Pour about two tablespoons of melted coconut oil into small bowl
– Add about two tablespoons of sugar to the coconut oil and stir up
– If the consistency is too liquid add more sugar (it should be paste like)
– Take a small amount on your fingertips and start massaging into skin
– I left mine on for a few minutes to really let the oil moisturize my skin
– Don’t forget your lips (don’t worry, it tastes awesome)
– Wash your face with a gentle cleanser like Purpose to wash away the oily residue
My skin felt like a baby’s bottom after doing this coconut oil and sugar face scrub and let’s not forget to mention the cost effectiveness of making it at home. I’d love to hear from you if you have tried this scrub or if you have any other great recipes!